Nous avons présenté ici il y a quelques jours le sympathique Night Shift qui permet sur certains modèles d’iPhone et d’iPad de diminuer la lumière bleue de ces écrans pour ne pas altérer le sommeil. Cette intéressante évolution ne doit pas masquer les autres évolutions pour l’Apple TV, l’Apple Watch ou encore OS X!
Voici donc une petite liste des nouveautés préparée par Apple. Elle vous donnera certainement envie de tester certaines de ces évolutions en ce dimanche pluvieux!
Belles fêtes de Pâques à tous!
With this update your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch gain improvements to Notes, News, Health, Apple Music and a new feature called Night Shift that may even help you get a better night’s sleep by shifting the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum at night.
- Night Shift: When enabled, Night Shift uses your iOS device’s clock and geolocation to determine when it’s sunset in your location, then it automatically shifts the colors in your display to the warmer end of the spectrum and may even help you get a better night’s sleep.
- Notes: Protect notes that contain your most personal data with Touch ID or a passcode. Sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or by date edited and when sketching, quickly bring up a fresh canvas with a two finger swipe, or by tapping the New Sketch button.
- Health: Related third-party apps for select data types such as weight, workouts and sleep are now displayed in the Health app. The Health dashboard adds support for move, exercise, and stand Activity data and goals from Apple Watch, and third-party apps now have access to Activity rings and summaries from Apple Watch through HealthKit.
- News: A new Top Stories section in For You highlights the most important stories of the day and Editors’ Picks, a selection of channels and topics handpicked by Apple News editors, helps you discover something great to read.
- Apple Music: With iOS 9.3, you can add songs from the Apple Music catalog to playlists without having to add them to your library and watch music videos on iPad in full screen.
- Photos: Extract the still image from a Live Photo by tapping Duplicate which will give you the option to duplicate the Live Photo, or just the still image. You can also share Live Photos between iOS and OS X through AirDrop and Messages.
- iBooks: iBooks can now store your PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all of your devices; adds support for downloading previously purchased audiobooks from the iBooks Store; adds the ability to share your audiobook purchases with any of your family members using Family Sharing; and adds Apple Pencil support to highlight and save your favorite passages for later.
- CarPlay: Apple Music members now have access to their For You and New content in CarPlay, and a new Nearby screen in Maps to quickly find Gas, Parking, Restaurants, Coffee, and other driving essentials.
- Dolby Digital Plus: Adds support for playing video encoded with Dolby Digital Plus audio streams with support for multichannel output using the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- Fixes an issue where manually changing the date to May 1970 or earlier could prevent your iOS device from turning on after a restart
- Two-factor authentication is now available for all iCloud accounts
- Maps adds support for getting a highlighted view of destinations and stops for a specific transit line by tapping on it
- Podcasts adds support for fullscreen video playback
- iCloud Storage adds proactive status information and in-app notifications to let you know before you run out of space
- Siri support for Finnish (Finland), Hebrew (Israel), and Malay (Malaysia)
This update includes general software and performance improvements and added features including:
- Dictation: Press Siri button on your remote and use your voice to quickly enter text on screen. This feature requires English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish as the system language.
- Siri for App Store: Search for apps by title, category, or developer.
- Additional Siri languages: Siri now understands Spanish in the US and French in Canada. If English is the language that you use for Siri and you live in Australia, Canada, the UK, or the US, you can choose Australian English, UK English, or US English.
- Photos: Enjoy your iCloud Photo Library, including Live Photos, on the big screen.
- Folders: For easier access, create folders to organize your apps.
- Bluetooth keyboards: Use your Apple Wireless Keyboard to control your Apple TV.
- Conference Room Display: Lock Apple TV in Conference Room Display for business and education environments. Show onscreen instructions for how to use AirPlay.
- App previews: Get video previews of supporting apps on the App Store for Apple TV.
This update includes support for paring multiple watches to one iPhone, Maps improvements and new language support. This release also includes additional improvements and bug fixes.
- Adds support for pairing multiple Apple Watches to one iPhone
- Adds Nearby in Maps to browse for places around you by category, including food, shopping, and more
- Adds support for system language in Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Romanian, and Ukranian
- Adds support for dictation in Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Romanian, Ukranian, and English (Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Indonesia)
- Adds support for Siri in Malay, Finnish, and Hebrew
- Increases frequency of background heart rate measurements when you are stationary
OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
This update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
- Adds the ability to passcode-protect notes containing personal data in Notes.
- Adds the ability to sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or date modified in Notes.
- Adds the ability to import Evernote files into Notes.
- Adds support for sharing Live Photos between iOS and OS X via AirDrop and Messages
- Adds the ability for iBooks to store PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all your devices.